A dynamic and sustainable public galleries sector is essential to healthy and vibrant communities across Western Australia.
GalleriesWest understands the issues facing the public galleries sector in Western Australia and through networking within the sector will be better able to articulate the value, concerns and vision for the sector to the wider Western Australian community and Australia as a whole.
When you become a member of the GalleriesWest you strengthen and interconnect the public galleries sector by adding your voice, your expertise and your unique community/gallery profile. Together we can promote and advocate the benefits of public galleries, the visual arts in particular and the arts in general to the broader community as we work with other like-minded organisations towards long term, strategic planning and support for arts and culture in this State and across Australia.
Advocacy and representation
GalleriesWest will work with the WA State Government, policy makers, other industries and our counterparts elsewhere in Australia to bring about improvements in policy, legislation, financial and other support for the public galleries sector, and for tangible benefits for its members.
GalleriesWest intends to develop a number of networking events and communication platforms to facilitate greater inter-connectivity within the state and national public galleries sector.
Access to member’s only area of the Website
GalleriesWest member will have access to an online member-only forum, providing:
- opportunities to participate in discussion forums
- resources relevant to the sector
GalleriesWest provides a number of promotion opportunities for members. Members are:
- Gallery members are acknowledged with their own page on the GalleriesWest website (including a link on the interactive map of Western Australia and a link to their individual website).
Sector News and Research
As a member of GalleriesWest you will:
- be made aware of sector research, trends and concerns related to the public galleries sector
- Receive the regular GalleriesWest e-newsletter
Arts Organisation and individual members have the following voting rights at GalleriesWest’s Annual General Meeting and Special General Meeting:
- Arts Organisation Members (1 vote)
- Individual Members (1 vote)