Lead Organisation: North Midlands Project
DATES: 4th May – 27th June
VENUE: The Bank Gallery, Carnamah
VENUE: Andrew Bowman-Bright
Exhibition Title: The Alternative Archive – Macpherson
Exhibition theme: The exhibition explored the Macpherson family’s pioneering efforts but also told the largely unspoken stories of their Aboriginal children. Their homestead in Carnamah turns 150 this year and from Carnamah the family’s children spread out through the Mid West region (including Arrino, Yandanooka, Greenough, Geraldton and Northampton).
Local Curator: Andrew Bowman-Bright
Lead Curator: Anna Louise Richardson
- Gabrielle Butler of Perenjori (visual art)
- Sammy Jay / Savanagh Wilkinson of Geraldton (visual art)
- Roxy East of Carnamah (visual art)
- Glenda Blyth of Geraldton (mixed media)
- Helen Thistlethwaite and Scribes of the North Midlands (creative writing)
- Edward Saunders of Carnamah (visual art)
- Delys Fraser of Perenjori (visual art)
The exhibition was part of a weekend heritage festival for the local community. Following the opening a long table dinner was held at The Carnamah Exchange, with free art workshops provided the next day.
Exhibition Photographer: Gabrielle Butler mentored by Martine Perret
Project Partners: Carnamah Historical Society & Museum.